Thursday, July 8, 2004

hey, remember me?

Yes, me, the person who promised to post and didn't get around to it. It's not a reflection of anything, honest! Actually I seem to do any posting in another forum instead of my blog and often come across things I should be posting about, but don't get around it. Other times what seems relevant at the time seems to dissapate after much thought. My promised rant of disgust about the findings of information mismanagement regarding 9/11 may be put on the shelf. After talking it over with a few folks, I'm realizing that I may just be impatient concerning government disorganization in general. No doubt a brief stint in the civil service may have helped to compound this impatience. I just have to learn to temper my impatience with a big more...compassion for systems trying to keep up with a deluge of information. After all, we're all on the same side in this battle for clarity, right?



As noted previously, I'm back home in T.O. for a while - timeline as yet to be determined. As much as I was growing fond of the California experience, it was time to come home for a visit to see family. In the meantime, I've tried to bid (unsuccessfully) for a web project in England, and I might be working on another bid for one out of Texas. No, I'm not doing some sort of 'location dropping' (distantly related to 'name-dropping'); I'm just stating the facts, ma'am, at least in this regard.



In general I'm still spending time looking for work, but also reevaluating my goals, not only in terms of the job market and my education, but also in terms of myself. How much of a geek I am... still using Visio to 'visualize my life' - both in flowchart form but also in hierarchical form . What can I tell ya... whatever gets the job done. 'More patience' and 'using the tools you've got, in new ways' - lessons all of us can learn, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment