Thursday, July 15, 2004

the connection is made

Oh thank GOD - Dell sent my AC power adapter only ONE day (yes, ONE day) after I placed the order. Now you know why they get an A+ rating for customer service - possibly my second most favourite computer company (after Apple, of course). For a used laptop, this little baby still chugs along quite well - it's not it's fault I have memory hungry programs on it.



I feel a little childish after that temper tantrum of a previous post. It's kind of funny - and frightenning - how quickly you can lose your perspective if something important to your sense of self goes missing, or out of service. It's like my entire life feels planned or is 'living' in that one little used laptop I bought for $500 bux about 4 years ago. I don't think it's materialistic to be emotionally attached to objects that provide you opportunities, skills, even joy (well, not to push the envelope on that 'joy' bit). To me it's always been the unnecessarily, passionless, emotionless affluenza that's more disturbing than anything...if you can't love your tools, can you really love your work?

No comments:

Post a Comment