Thursday, September 30, 2004

Full Moon Fevers

Here's a lovely bit of software that lets you keep track of the moon. I mention it because I find that when there's a full moon I do get a heightenned state of creativity and of noticing information. In keeping with that, I've come across a few interesting snippets of information - and you know I love the knowledge sharing...



In no particular order:



  • read an article from Reuters (sorry, tried to find the source online and couldn't) talking about caffeine addiction and attempts of some people to get it classified in the DSM-IV (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). That would affect HOW much of the population?
  • They're making a movie of the Producers again - yes, a movie about the play that came from a movie. What was that stuff Baudrillard mentioned about simulacra again? And yes, the comments on the Toronto bagels in that article are probably spot on.
  • I was trying to show the benefits of Firefox as a browser to a co-worker and was shocked to find out there were NO screen captures of it on the site. Now that's just silly... and don't let that deter you from switching.

  • Having started to read more about requirements engineering (i.e. preparing properly before you build anying), I'm starting to piece together thoughts on how the design of information in any form (digital or non digital) fits together across disciplines, and how the justification for one of them can be applied to other arguments. In case you're wondering, a) yes, I'll share it when I've documented it visually, and, b) yes, I'm enjoying my new job and in fact it's helped me to figure a lot of these interconnections.

  • I started sketching some ideas for a wee little product I thought of on the way home. Hopefully a little bit of drafting the ideas in Visio will help me to articulate what I want it to do and if it's worth pursuing.

That's all for now. Enjoy that almost-full moon. In a strange way, I think it's helped Kerry in the debate tonight. Woooo....

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is interesting. I did a blog search for caffeine free mountain dew and found your site. When I get some time I'll come back and find out where caffeine free mountain dew appears and how it relates - if it even does. Take care - nice work.

    ReplyDelete