Monday, May 3, 2004

Well worth a read.

weather: still warm

music: listenning to the dog barking next door

mood: unproductive




Well. I happenned to hear Arianna Huffington speak on Saturday in Menlo Park, and boy, was that a treat. She has a new book out (Fanatics & Fools) and I'm about 1/2 way through it. It's heady stuff, because it documents so much of what I feel about politics these days - not just regarding the war in Iraq or American politics in general. It's an excellent read by someone whose passion for politics - and public service! - shows in this book. Sadly she can't run for president, but maybe she can be the VP... we can only hope.



And while you're at it, sign the petition going to John Kerry asking him to be principled and to Go Big and Ask More. It doesn't matter if you're not American - I think over a decade of globalization has shown us that the nation state's borders are often meaningless. Something in the electoral system has to change - granted, it's not just about getting Kerry in, but it's a start. Think politics doesn't affect you, or voting Kerry in won't matter? Read and do let me know if you think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment