Tuesday, May 18, 2004

update-a-thon

Well. Seems I only post when I feel the dramatic need to. Perhaps this blog thing is a good preparation for childrearing - the nagging floating over your head, much like a mother does to her children. Just kidding.



Still scouring for employment - may just go stand in front of Google with a sign that shouts out "Will Wireframe for Food, Don't Care about the Damn IPO". I'm also committed myself to doing work for AIFIA organizing the Tools Initiative. At some point I have to quit my b!tching and help organize things rather than shouting, "where's the bloody manual". One can only READ that manual if it exists.



I'm also doing the odd bit of volunteering for a local (Palo Alto) organization called the Foundation for Global Community. I was a little hesitant at first since I'm wary of anything too new-agey, but they're far from the stereotypical 'hippy Californians trying to change the world', if that's a stereotype. They hold a series of "Mindshift Cafes" which I help out at. Their raison d'etre is to facilitate a dialogue about dialogue - and to change our worldview for dealing with global matters. Thomas Kuhn talks about paradigm shifts and altering one's world view, and that's exactly what these folx are trying to do. I don't know how successful it will be, but it's better than sitting at home and gasping (and griping about) the 9/11 commission hearings and the failures of the intelligence community to communicate. These folx are actually trying to communicate something.



Lastly, the web page. Sigh. if you didn't think creating a W3C compliant (well, XHTML 1.0 transitional) site wasn't enough to keep me busy, I've now got a crazy idea to keep the page free of tables. I'll leave that little bit of necessary insanity for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment