weather: spring-ish
music: Hold Onto Me - Courtney Love
mood: productivity mixed with nervousness
file under: personal
...of my new life, I shall now let the pictures of others speak for me.
For those who are curious as to all I'm seeing out here in the West Coast, I've found a temporary fix to head of my constant jonsing for a digital camera. One finds the greatest links if you take the road not traveled; today's link came via the AIFIA members mailing list discussing blogging and wikis.
(for those who need a de-acronymizer,
AIFIA = Asilomar Institute for Information Architecture
blogging = well, you're looking at one
wiki = online community publishing system; a good example being the IA wiki).
Again with the ironies - I just realized half of the people viewing my blog are government employees, who are well versed in the skills of acronymizing and decoding jargon...)
Back to your regularily scheduled entry...
Via the discussion of blogs and wikis I found the link of Matt Haughey who runs the popular Metafilter blogging listing. While his personal blog is worth checking out, it's his photoblog entitled Ten Years of My Life and the mission statement behind it that's really picqued my interest. You'll find that looking at his photos is highly addictive - excellent photography does that to you.
Anyway, here's the recent entry that seems to embody my early impressions of California. It's a lovely shot, and reminds me of the fact that I indeed see the stars at night from Palo Alto.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment