Well, taking a wee break from blogging because one is busy - that's understandable; 6 months is pretty damned inexcusable. Granted, if you know me, you'll know that there have been big changes in my personal life (locale and relationship wise) that have been in the way of me posting compulsively on this thing. Luckily with those a little more settled I'll be able to devote a bit more time to this and the web site and the other little projects I'm working on. The two biggest little projects include the launch of a web site for an artist friend of mine, and some information architecture work for a small non-profit I'll be doing probono.
I've also gone through a big change of heart regarding blogging - and no, it's not just because everyone and their brother is trying their hand at it. I've found that I enjoy capturing little moments via my Flickr photo account, and that I tend to be a big consumer of material rather than a great producer of material (I read more blogs than I write, natch). Damn, if only Bloglines wasn't so good at capturing all those feeds! As well, when I have something to communicate - a link to share, something incredible worth sharing - I'll tend to do it on one of the online forums I frequent. So for me, the rule tends to be
- go to a forum to talk about it (it being what needs to be communicated)
- email someone about it
- take a picture about it
- blog about it
- bitch and gripe to those in my life. Granted, this isn't necessarily in order anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment