Still unpacking the whole DUX2005 experience - both literally (the biz cards! the paper! the schwag!) and figuratively (the talk! the people! the confounding need of people to schmooze to reinforce their egos or lack thereof!). It was an interesting and intense experience volunteering, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of comments to come, but for now, I need to unpack in more ways than one.
It's funny - I must be getting older, because after each minor life changing event I need days to recouperate. Be it a change in geographic location or something as simple as a social event in a nearby city, I'm finding it harder to battle the inevitable fatigue that such events cause. Makes one wonder how one did the whole drinking and partying in their early 20's thing... assuming one did, of course. Catching up on emails and blogs alone has taken me several hours; catching up on a lack of sleep and food will be something else. I'm relatively healthy (knock wood) but still need to find a way to decompress from these events. I suppose that's inevitable after something so intellectually and physically draining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment