

But first, bless the kind folks at Google for working on the world's biggest library online - yes, the The Library of Google is becoming a reality. Yippee! Now information can be free! No, that's not the Stanford Library, but it is a chapel on campus. It shall do in lieu of the real photo.
On the opposite spectrum of the software company vibe thing, I wonder what it’s like to be an employee at Microsoft knowing that much (many?) of the industrialized world’s workers absolutely hate your product, and only use it because using anything else isn’t possible for most offices. I say that after another experience of using SharePoint, a product that could be oh so good for productive product development and management if Microsoft had bothered to ask users how and what they wanted in a product.
Ok, speaking of bitching about things that don’t work, a random thought on metrics and the consulting process.
-There is a Capability Maturity Model and a People Capability Maturity Model (for organizations, not people - come on, like you know anyone who would pass an individual maturity model. There's even an Information Management Capacity Check. What I’d like to know is if there’s a combo one – you know, like the Client Capability Maturity and Capacity Check/Model, to see if your client knows what they’re getting, if they’re going to use what they’re getting, and if in general if they’re going to be a good client – you know, knowledge sharing and all that. I know, I know - I can already hear your responses... I'm working on that model as we speak...
No comments:
Post a Comment